« Older   Newer »
RodrigoTano
view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 05:59 by: RodrigoTano

Group:
User +

Get ready...

http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/29561-T...roject-Paradise

CITAZIONE
After starting map modding TDU2, I figured out something very quickly: TDU2 isn't fun to play at all. I mean it's cool to make a new map for TDU2, but what the matter if the gameplay still suck as it does?
So I thought about our good old game that we played a lot: TDU1.
I want to make it like I ever wanted to: a new map (hawai more hawaish), swapping all the vanilla car with the best modded car of the community (of course, adding physics, sounds etc...), new clothes, new UI, new string DB, and bringing back the online mode (yup, I'm talking about reverse engineering and all the stuff that comes with that... I know that TDU2 server soft is nearly the same as TDU1 one, so let's hope that thing is true...).
I'm not sure I'll be able to update every thread I opened on every boards everytime I update my work, so I'll only update my Tumblr and post a notification there (nah that's not lazyness, I'm quite busy and it'll even get worse this week ).
Features
"New" Hawai Island
What is it?
As road modding is purely impossible because of software restriction from Zmodeler, I'm only able to edit terrains that are already in game. My thought is to create a new version of Hawai, less green looking and more tropical. Also, I'm planning to make some props edition, such as destroying all the barriers, adding some teleporters (if I can, as the mechanism of that thing is really weird), make Honolulu a bigger city...

Progression?
TDU1 has around 3.000 sectors. But as I need to edit only the one that have a road on it (offroad is useless on TDU1 so I'm not going to edit anything that is not going to be played or seen ), it should make around 1.500 sectors I'd say.
And for the moment, that's only 3 sectors edited. So It's... not ready.
IN PROGRESS. (check notification to see more "in progress" footage)

SUPRA-CARPACK
What is it?
The best of the community creations will be included in that mod. Best vehicles means it must be fully detailed, with great physics and soundtrack.
Progression?
Not started Yet.

Database 2.0
What is it?
A basic database edition bringing a better meaning to some strings (NEW GAME is now RESET for example ), the names for the new races, and some editing about Hardcore mode... But I'll think about that later, as this is a more complicated task to do.
Progression?
Not started Yet.

New UI
What is it?
A superficial feature to make something fresh and distinctive for the mod. Didn't think about that yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll edit the main menu putting the text string on the left or something like that. Soon.
Progression?
Not started Yet.

Clothes and useless stuff
What is it?
Title says all. Last thing I'll work on I think, as this is, of course, useless!
Progression?
Not started Yet.

INTERNET IS BACK ZOMG§§§§§!
What is it?
One of the biggest part of the project. Recreating TDU1 server software to be playable on any server. Sounds easy? Well it's NOT AT ALL!
For that part I'll ask a friend that knows a lot about network and reverse engineering.
Progression?
Started but not on my side.

Si, stanno sviluppando TDU per farlo tornare e migliorarlo un pó e ovviamente che funzioni l'online.

15 replies since 19/2/2014, 05:59   1896 views